Most Dangerous Breeds of Dogs
Dog attacks can be terrifying. In addition, depending on the size of the dog and the age of the victim, they can be fatal. Victims who survive dog bites can suffer from deep tissue damage, broken bones, infections and disfiguring scars. To protect yourself from a dog attack, you should be wary when around the following dangerous canine breeds:
- Pit Bull: Most people are aware that Pit Bulls are extremely dangerous. Each year, these animals are linked to numerous fatalities and injuries. These muscular dogs are known for their incredibly strong jaws that can crush bones and tear through human tissue with ease.
- Rottweiler: Also linked to many injuries and fatalities each year, the Rottweiler can weigh as much as 110 pounds. Additionally, this breed of dog is known for having aggressive outbursts and is favored by law enforcement and military groups worldwide.
- German shepherd: German shepherds are primarily used as police and guard dogs. This type of canine breed can weigh up to 80 pounds and is also known for being especially aggressive.
- Husky: Huskies closely resemble grey wolves in appearance. Many injuries and fatalities caused by this breed of dog are linked to poor training by owners.
- Doberman: If trained properly, Dobermans can be loyal guard dogs. However, their sharp canine teeth are capable of piercing deeply into muscle and bone.
If you are a dog bite victim, contact a lawyer as soon as possible. New Jersey follows a strict liability dog bite rule. This means that dog owners are liable for all of the damages inflicted upon a dog bite victim.