How to Select an Attorney For Your Personal Injury Matter
Find a lawyer who can provide you legal support
The period after sustaining an accidental injury is stressful enough without adding legal issues to the mix. Yet taking the time to carefully select an attorney is vital to helping ensure you obtain the full amount of support you require as you pursue compensation for the costs related to your injury. The Law Offices of Robert Olkowitz, P.C. offers a free initial consultation that provides clients the opportunity to assess the skills and experience of our firm.
Taking advantage of the initial consultation
By the time of the initial consultation, you have most likely reviewed the firm's website. But online research cannot replace face-to-face contact with a personal injury attorney in Red Bank for really identifying his or her skills—and predicting the personal compatibility that is so important in helping you through a stressful situation. The attorney you choose should display the following characteristics:
- A successful track record: Your attorney should have a history of past successes in cases similar to your own. Of course, each accident has unique aspects, but a track record of success provides a valuable foundation on which to develop your case.
- A full range of experience: The attorney you select must have the experience needed for success regardless of the situation—including dealing with insurance companies, negotiating with other attorneys, or effectively litigating before a jury.
- A network of resources: The circumstances behind your accident may require specialized support to conduct thorough investigations and obtain expert witness testimony. Your attorney should have quick access to investigators, accident reconstruction specialists, and medical specialists.
- Compassionate personal support: Personal injury cases can be very stressful as you simultaneously deal with your physical injuries and a potentially lengthy legal process. When you talk with personal injury attorneys, it should be clear that he or she can compassionately guide you through the process and ensure your questions are promptly and accurately answered.
- Communication: You need to make critical decisions throughout the legal process, so you must make sure you clearly understand the issues behind those decisions. This is not the time for legal-speak. Your attorney should be able to explain the details of every issue in plain language you understand.
From the free initial consultation—and throughout the legal process—the attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert Olkowitz, P.C. display these characteristics and more. We are dedicated to providing the highest degree of personal and legal support as we help you pursue the fair compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Contact a reliable lawyer in Red Bank
If you or your loved ones suffered an injury, contact the Law Offices of Robert Olkowitz, P.C. to set up a free consultation. We only receive a fee if we obtain a recovery for you.